There is a long established custom in the Christian tradition to prayerfully remember those who have died and have gone before us in the sign of faith. Though these prayers are offered throughout the year, the month of November is the time especially set aside for the remembrance of our beloved deceased family members.
As was the custom from last year, please send in the names of your deceased family members and we will publish their names on our Memorial Wall of Holy Souls and pray for them each morning as we gather at Morning Prayer.
We will begin this next Wednesday, so please take time to either download and send in the Holy Souls form form or complete our online form this week so our student council members will have time to have everyone’s name in place for Wednesday, November 1, All Saint’s Day.
Mrs. Elizabeth Snow
All Saints & All Souls Day
As we commemorate All Saints and All Souls day, we will continue our remembrance of the Wall of Holy Souls. You may submit your request via a paper copy or through our online process this year. Your loved one will be published on the wall and remembered in our book of prayers throughout the month of November, including our monthly rosary on the first Friday of the month.
Pumpkin Run Week – Shirts
- Monday (10/30): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Tuesday (10/31): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Wednesday (11/1): All Saints Day School Mass – Holy Day of Obligation – NO Pumpkin Run shirts may be worn on this day.
- Thursday (11/2): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Friday (11/3): Students are encouraged to wear their 2017 Pumpkin Run shirts with jeans. *Please note that this is NOT a free dress day for those students who do not have a Pumpkin Run shirt. Students must wear their regular uniform if they are not wearing a 2017 Pumpkin Run shirt. No school Mass today.
Fire up the ovens and make that pumpkin bread! We rely on your assistance to help make this run a success. If you do not like to bake, Publix, Fresh Market and Apple market have bread you can buy and bring to school. Thank you, in advance, for your support.
33rd Annual Great Pumpkin Race –
Please join us in supporting our annual Pumpkin Run. This is not only a huge fundraiser for Sacred Heart Cathedral School but it is also a way to showcase our wonderful school and community.
Each year we include baby pictures of our graduating eighth graders in our yearbook. It’s time to send in those pictures.
There are two ways to get the photos to us:
- Upload digital pictures to our photo submission site. You will be asked to include the student’s name and grade-level before completing the submission.
- Place photos in an envelope, clearly label it with your child’s name and send it to the attention of Ms. Drummond in the office. Photos will be scanned and returned to your students to take home.
- Deadline to submit pictures is December 15th.
Remember, you can also use the photo submission site to send us other photos for possible inclusion in the yearbook (dances, field trips, sporting events, etc…)