If students have this year’s Pumpkin Run shirt, they may wear it to school tomorrow with jeans (and their regular school shoes). If they do NOT have THIS YEAR’S Pumpkin Run shirt, they must wear their school uniform.
All Saints & All Souls Day
As we commemorate All Saints and All Souls day, we will continue our remembrance of the Wall of Holy Souls. You may submit your request via a paper copy or through our online process this year. Your loved one will be published on the wall and remembered in our book of prayers throughout the month of November, including our monthly rosary on the first Friday of the month.
Pumpkin Run Week – Shirts
- Monday (10/30): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Tuesday (10/31): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Wednesday (11/1): All Saints Day School Mass – Holy Day of Obligation – NO Pumpkin Run shirts may be worn on this day.
- Thursday (11/2): Students may wear a Pumpkin Run shirt from any prior year over their uniform.
- Friday (11/3): Students are encouraged to wear their 2017 Pumpkin Run shirts with jeans. *Please note that this is NOT a free dress day for those students who do not have a Pumpkin Run shirt. Students must wear their regular uniform if they are not wearing a 2017 Pumpkin Run shirt. No school Mass today.
Pumpkin Bread – Download the recipe here
Fire up the ovens and make that pumpkin bread! We rely on your assistance to help make this run a success. If you do not like to bake, Publix, Fresh Market and Apple market have bread you can buy and bring to school. Thank you, in advance, for your support.
33rd Annual Great Pumpkin Race –
Please join us in supporting our annual Pumpkin Run. This is not only a huge fundraiser for Sacred Heart Cathedral School but it is also a way to showcase our wonderful school and community.
Each year we include baby pictures of our graduating eighth graders in our yearbook. It’s time to send in those pictures.
There are two ways to get the photos to us:
- Upload digital pictures to our photo submission site. You will be asked to include the student’s name and grade-level before completing the submission.
- Place photos in an envelope, clearly label it with your child’s name and send it to the attention of Ms. Drummond in the office. Photos will be scanned and returned to your students to take home.
- Deadline to submit pictures is December 15th.
Remember, you can also use the photo submission site to send us other photos for possible inclusion in the yearbook (dances, field trips, sporting events, etc…)
Sacred Heart Families,
Tomorrow, (Friday, November 4th) students may wear this year’s Pumpkin Run shirt over their uniform. Please note that prior year shirts are not allowed tomorrow.
Also, if your family has not yet sent in two loaves of pumpkin bread, please send it in the morning. Our runners look forward to the pumpkin bread every year. If you don’t have time to bake, pick up loaves at Apple Market or Fresh Market.
We are also still gratefully accepting donations of bottled water and gift card or other items to be used as door prizes.
Thank you for everything you do to help make the Pumpkin Run a success and we look forward to seeing everyone at the run on Saturday morning.
Thank you to all of our 2016 Sponsors:
- Trek Bicycle Store
- Evergreen Printing
- Ludvigsen Photography
- Psychward Designs
- Animal Medical Center in Gulf Breeze
- Annabelle Owens of Levin –Rinke
- App River
- Artie Shimek
- Belle Ame’
- Dr. Brett Parra at the Woodlands
- Center for Clergy Care
- Donna Flynn
- East Hill Building and Design
- The Garcia Family
- Moore, Hill & Westmoreland
- Jansen Quality Construction
- Arcadia Health
- Dr. John Salvaggio
- J.O. Services Group
- Meador, Johnson & Bushnell
- Dr. Jordan Iserman
- Kane and Sherman CPAs
- Kristi Galloway
- Larry M. Jacobs & Associates
- Oren International
- 3 Daughters Marketing
- McMahon-Hadder Insurance
- The Medical Center Clinic P.A.
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Perdido Heating and Air
- Pete Moore Automotive Team
- The Ramos Family
- Sims Orthodontics
- Tony Del Gallo Construction
- Zoghby’s Uniforms.
One of the things that makes our Pumpkin Run so special is the delicious Pumpkin Bread which we offer to all participants after the race. We ask all of our families to help by baking bread and sending it in for our race participants. You can download Sacred Heart’s Pumpkin Bread recipe here.
Please make two loaves of Pumpkin Bread and send it to school by
- Friday, November 5th
Please slice the bread and wrap it in aluminum foil.