Honor Roll will be announced Thursday morning after Morning Prayer in the gym. All are invited.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 26TH
- 8:00 – MASS AT THE CATHEDRAL
- 9:00 – REFRESHMENTS AFTER MASS IN THE SCHOOL GYM
- 9:30 – 11:00 – ACTIVITIES
THESE ARE PLANNED ACTIVITIES YOU MAY ATTEND WITH YOUR GRANDCHILDREN AT YOUR LEISURE
- Attending our Book Fair
- Play cards, puzzles and games
- Participate in our photo booth
- Read together in the library
- Build and fly an airplane
- Participate in math brain activities
Please RSVP to Jennifer Haines by Friday, January 19th
Thank you for taking the time to be a part of our school community during this celebration.
We are so excited to invite you to Sacred Heart Cathedral School’s 2018 Trivia Night Fundraiser.
This year’s event will be held on Saturday, March 3rd in the Ave Maria Hall.
Please download the registration form, and return it with your payment to the school office as soon as possible.
Please note that there are a limited number of tables available; tables will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Thank you so much for supporting Sacred Heart Cathedral School. We look forward to another wonderful evening!
Sacred Heart Cathedral School’s Trivia Night Committee
Dear Sacred Heart Cathedral School Family,
Thank you for all of your good wishes and support as we move into 2018. It is always nice to see everyone’s enthusiasm as we begin our third quarter and new year. We have many events before spring break. The last week of January, as always, we celebrate Catholic Schools Week, beginning with grandparents’ day on Friday, January 26 at 8 am. Mass. The rest of the schedule is at the end of this letter. Then we have our second round of MAP testing. The students will be able to follow their progress and see improvement in their learning. This will also take place near the end of January. The first week of March is the week of Iowa Assessment testing, then our second student led conference will be held before spring break.
On a tragic note, one of our school families experienced a fire this past weekend which gutted their home. Thankfully, they escaped, along with their pets and are safe and well. While their possessions can be replaced, this is a devastating loss. Student Council will be hosting an out-of-uniform day on Wednesday, January 17th for a monetary donation of $2 or more. Thank you for supporting our efforts to help this family.
Blessings to you as we join together and celebrate Catholic education,
Elizabeth and Dave
January 26 – Friday: Celebrating Family Tradition – “Grandparents Day”
- Parents and Grandparents are invited to School Mass at 8:00
- Grandparents are invited to play games with Grandkids. (9:00-11:00 am – all grades)
- Book Fair available
- Photo booth with grandparents in gym, Ave Maria Hall, or outside (weather permitting)
- Geography Bee at 1:45 pm.
January 28 – Sunday: Celebrating Your Parish
- Opening Mass at 8:00 am. Students, please wear your school uniform. 8th graders, please wear your leadership uniform
- Pancake Breakfast in SHCS Gymnasium after 8:00 Mass on Sunday
January 29 – Monday: Celebrating Community and Volunteers
- Appreciation Breakfast for first responders in the community – Gym, 8:30 am.
- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon – 12:30 pm in gym
- Buddy classes will be preparing meals for Loaves & Fishes
- 100th Day of School
January 30 – Tuesday: Celebrating Students
- Students may dress up as their favorite book character!
- Hourly “Dance to the Music” over the loudspeakers
- Family Feud competition in the gym
- No Homework! (all students)
January 31 – Wednesday: Celebrating our Nation
- Students will be singing patriotic songs at morning assembly.
- Veterans and all community members who have ever served in the military are invited to attend our morning assembly and flag ceremony
February 1 – Thursday: Celebrating Vocations
- Mini-retreat by James Redding for middle school (1:00pm) with Adoration to follow
- Students wear goofy socks for picture to send to the Bishop
- Writing letters to seminarians and religious
February 2 – Friday: Celebrating Faculty
- Parents and Parishioners are invited to join us for school Mass at 8:00 am.
- StuCo attends Mass at Catholic High with lunch to follow
- Volleyball Game (Faculty vs. 8th Grade) in the parking lot at 1:45 pm
We thank you for being a part of our wonderful school family and all you do to support Catholic Schools.
It’s hard to believe that in a few short months this school year will be a memory. Why not make it special by placing a recognition ad in the yearbook? Yearbook staff members will combine your photos and message of love and pride to create a completely personalized design. Photos may be print or high resolution digital – send digital photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with YEARBOOK AD in the subject line – print photos may be sent in with the order form. They will be returned to you.
Making your ad is simple! Download and fill out the order form, attach payment and include print photos in an envelope marked YEARBOOK AD to Mrs. Boland in the main office no later than FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2. Forms are also available in the office.
Ads will be removed if payment has not been received by the time the yearbook is sent to the publisher.
Each year we include baby pictures of our graduating eighth graders in our yearbook. It’s past time to send in those pictures.
There are two ways to get the photos to us:
- Upload digital pictures to our photo submission site. You will be asked to include the student’s name and grade-level before completing the submission.
- Place photos in an envelope, clearly label it with your child’s name and send it to the attention of Ms. Drummond in the office. Photos will be scanned and returned to your students to take home.
- Please submit pictures ASAP, our publishing deadline is fast approaching.
Remember, you can also use the photo submission site to send us other photos for possible inclusion in the yearbook (dances, field trips, sporting events, etc…)
Yearbooks on Sale
Yearbooks are still on sale. You’ll capture the memories forever for the low price of $30. A limited quantity is available, so place your order while you still can.
If downloading an order form, please place form and payment in an envelope and drop in the payment slot in the office.
Report cards for students in first through eighth grades were sent home with students today. Please make sure you check your child’s backpack for them.
Pre-K and Kindergarten progress reports will be sent home next Friday.
Our annual Trivia Night Fundraiser will be held on March 3rd, 2018. Proceeds from this event benefit the students and faculty by providing support to capital projects that improve school buildings and grounds. Last year more than $22,000 was raised.
- Registration will open up on January 9, 2018 so be on the look out for e-mails containing detailed information.
- Have or know a business that would like to sponsor the event? Please have them contact Sidney Poller at 850-637-6174 or Spoller@shcs.ptdiocese.org.
- Room parents will be reaching out to families soon to help put together their classroom baskets, which will be raffled off at the event.
- Do you want to volunteer but have not been contacted? Please message Alice Caldwell at Circdecaldwell@gmail.com. Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated!!
Please contact Trivia@shcs.ptdiocese.org with any questions!!!