CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK
We had a great week for Catholic School’s Week as our faculty, staff, and students were involved in service projects. Cards were made for our first responders, saint presentations were shared with buddies, we celebrated our nation and collected goodies for the pantry and to make baskets for the homebound. It was especially touching having grandparents’ day on Friday this year so the students and grandparents or special friends could begin our day with the liturgy. Thank you to our many volunteers who were able to attend the volunteer dessert/tea and to the students who performed.
STEP UP FOR STUDENTS RECOGNITION AWARDS
This past week Step-Up for Students presented students, parents, and teachers with recognition awards. The program had over 600 applicants for these awards and only 36 awards were awarded. I am very proud to say that two of our students, Jude Poller and Solomon Worlds were recognized as outstanding students. Mrs. Terrie Campbell was recognized as an outstanding parent, and Ms. Jillian Bugos and Mr. Patrick Schmitz were recognized as outstanding teachers from Step-Up. We had the most recognition at the awards event. Thank you and congratulations to our students, faculty, and parents! You are the best as you give of yourself for others
We would like to offer special thanks to the following:
- Alumni parents, Rick and Sarah Sanchez, for orchestrating a pancake breakfast following Sunday’s 8:00 AM Mass. This is such a tribute to our alumni and their continual association with the school and parish.
- The Knights of Columbus and SHCS PTO for assisting with the pancake breakfast.
- SHCS students, Shelby, Donovan, David and Morgen for sharing their experiences at SHCS during weekend masses.
- Fifth grade for organizing and serving at the volunteer recognition dessert party.
The online registration is up and running for re-enrollment. Please read Dyna’s diligent correspondence on this. We are here to answer any questions you have. If you have not received the re-registration material, please let us know.
- Science Olympiad Competition
Saturday, February 18th at UWF
5th-8th Grade Science Olympiad team members
- 8th Grade Volunteers @ Ronald McDonald House
Friday, February 17th
Friday, February 24th
- Mardi Gras Parade
- Ash Wednesday
Mass – 8:00 am
- Trivia Night
Saturday, March 4th
Ave Maria Hall
Our 8th-grade students will be planning meals, cooking and doing chores at the Ronald McDonald House on Friday, February 17th and 24th. They will also be participating in a service project at the Pensacola Humane Society.
Thank you for your continued support and dedication toward Catholic education.
Elizabeth & Dave